Music is good for your health and wellbeing!
Some of the benefits include:
- Improvement in concentration and focus
- Mental wellbeing and neutralises stress
- Self discipline and decision making
- Social wellbeing
- Physical activity – particularly behind the drum kit!
- Physical activity can improve cardiovascular health, weight management, blood pressure control and mental wellbeing.
As with any repetitive activity there are risks!
Take good care and caution with:
- Your hearing (wear ear plugs)
- Repetitive Strain Injury (ensure good technique, slow accurate progress and contact a health professional if you are experiencing any adverse continuing discomfort.
- Back Care (pilates and yoga are great for a healthy body and mind and back care in particular)
- Stretching (stretch regularly)
- Rest, nutrition and hydration (drumming is tiring, rest, recover, eat well and hydrate)